When you imagine your custom luxury home, the location is as important as the home itself. What is a dream house without a dream view? If you’re building a custom home and want to ensure you have a beautiful view and plenty to do, you can have it all at Lake Norman.
Lake Norman exemplifies what it means to live on the water. There are few other sites in North Carolina where traveling by boat is as enjoyable and exciting as traveling by car. At Lake Norman, you may view a peaceful, calm sunset over the water or dance to a concert from the comfort of your boat.
Here are five reasons to build your custom lake house at Lake Norman.
Five Reasons to Build Your Custom Luxury Dream Home at Lake Norman
1) Lake Norman is Large
Lake Norman is the largest manmade lake in North Carolina. There are over five hundred miles of shoreline surrounding the lake, and much of it is available for residential development. How is that advantageous for homeowners and builders? There is still plenty of room for your custom luxury home. Land values are still relatively reasonable, generally ranging from $80,000 to $200,000 per acre.
Even though hundreds of thousands of people live near Lake Norman, you can still find many peaceful communities and plenty of seclusions. If you like being close to shopping and entertainment while being able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Lake Norman is the best of both worlds.
2) Lake Norman Has Great Weather
When you live at the lake, you want to enjoy lake life as much as possible. If you choose to build on a mountain lake, you might only have six months of good weather. Lake Norman is located in the perfect place for great views of the foothills while hardly ever being too cold to get out in a boat.
The northern reaches of Lake Norman see a little more snow each winter than the southern portions. Generally, however, you can use the lake all year, with several months of comfortably warm temperatures for watersports.
3) Lake Norman is Amidst the Great Outdoors
Lake Norman is like heaven for nature enthusiasts. Some of the outdoor activities you can find in the Lake Norman area include:
- Lake Norman State Park: Lake Norman State Park has about thirty miles of hiking and mountain biking trails, in addition to lake access, wildlife viewing, and camping.
- Lake Norman Watersports: There is plenty of room on the lake to get out in your boat and play. Kayaking, canoeing, tubing, kneeboarding, skiing, and fishing are all activities you’ll see people enjoying on a daily basis at Lake Norman.
- The Whitewater Center: Located just a short distance from the lake, the Whitewater Center has endless outdoor activities. In addition to exciting watersports like rafting, kayaking, and canoeing, there are dozens of miles of hiking and mountain biking trails.
- Disc Golf: In and around Lake Norman, you’ll find some of the top disc golf courses in the country. There are several of the country’s best disc golf courses located in and around Lake Norman.
- Everything Else: There are countless golf courses, tennis courts, pickleball courts, and more in the Lake Norman area.
There is no reason to ever be bored on Lake Norman.
4) Lake Norman Has Access to Entertainment
In addition to a lifetime’s worth of outdoor activities, there is plenty of culture and nightlife to enjoy around Lake Norman. Just a few of the endless entertainment options include:
- Old Town Public House: In addition to great food, the Old Town Public House in Cornelius has live music six nights per week.
- Hello, Sailor: This chic restaurant serves incredible fish and southern-inspired dishes.
- Birkdale Village: Located in Huntersville, Birkdale Village is a mixed-use community with a relaxed vibe and numerous retail shops and restaurants.
- Bin 110: The elite nightlife destination in Lake Norman. Every Thursday-Saturday, the area’s greatest Live Music lineup is paired with over one hundred fifty whiskies, over one hundred wines, twelve craft beer taps, and a full cocktail list.
- Lake Norman Comedy Zone: The comedy club on Lake Norman, Lake Norman Comedy Zone, is part of the Comedy Zones of America network and is associated with Heffron Talent, featuring national and celebrity acts on the last Tuesday of the month.
Between outdoor recreation, art, and culture, there is plenty to keep you busy at the lake.
5) Lake Norman Has The Best Custom Home Design – Build Team
ExCo Design – Build provides a luxury experience when we design and build a custom home. That means we take care of every detail and walk with you through the entire process, from consultation through delivery and beyond. We will go to every length to ensure you get the custom luxury home of your dreams on Lake Norman. Contact us for your consultation today.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]